Rising passenger numbers, stricter security regulations, longer lines and shorter turnarounds all have significantly influenced baggage reconciliation and processing in recent years. We recognize the need for a scalable, fully-integrated baggage management system that is more flexible, reliable and efficient than today's existing platforms.
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology enables much more advanced bag tracking and tracing - maximizing operations from the curb to the runway:
- Reduces handling mistakes
- Optimal efficiency can dramatically cut costs long term
- Rapid bag off-loading and redirecting
- Faster bag tag read rates and less reading errors
- Worldwide lost bag tracing
- Helps prevent theft and tampering
- Greater product durability
- More efficient supply chain management operations
RFID's versatility allows for a single bag to be located anywhere, as well as end-to-end support of the entire processing system - eliminating the need for line-of-sight identification. Easily integrated with other baggage handling systems - such as Rockwell Collins' ARINC BagMatch reconciliation application and Rockwell Collins' ARINC ExpressDrop, the remote processing solution - RFID meets the challenges of the airport industry with innovative, progressive and adaptive technology
RFID is gaining popularity in airports around the world - becoming the obvious solution to the modern congestion, security and baggage processing challenges facing airports today.
< Baggage Systems