Secure Server Router (SSR-7000) Electronic Flight Bag Interface and Communication Unit (EICU)
Bring secure, wireless data transmission and connectivity to your crews and lower costs to your operations
The SSR-7000 Secure Server Router is an Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) Interface and Communication Unit (EICU) that brings value to your airline by improving data security and crew connectivity while lowering your costs for data transmission, flight operations and maintenance.
With compact, all-in-one connectivity, this solution combines the capabilities of traditional wireless data transfer and avionics interface devices with ultra-secure EFB and crew wireless access. It seamlessly integrates with your existing operational work flow.
The unit’s embedded router wirelessly connects an EFB to on-board and external networks. These networks include avionics, maintenance information, cabin, air-to-ground, airport gate and airline operation centers. Selecting the most cost-effective communication channel available for transmitting data and connecting the EFB to external networks is easy with built-in tools.
The EICU/SSR-7000 also features a Virtual Digital Aircraft condition monitoring system Recorder (VDAR) and creates files that work with your existing FOQA/MOQA tool set. Use the ground cellular/Wi-Fi connectivity to automatically download standard quick access recorder (QAR) files to your airline’s back office for use in your current flight data management system (FDMS) program.
Key Features & Benefits
Connect your iOS or Windows® tablet (EFB) and run popular apps, including connecting to your Airline Operations Center (AOC) on your tablet
- Establish a secure wireless access point for the cockpit and cabin crew
- Use OEM, Rockwell Collins and third-party EFB applications to increase operational efficiency including AOC (Airline Operational Communication) On Tablet Application
- Gather and transmit industry-standard FOQA data files on the ground using cellular and built-in aircraft interface device
- Connect to any communications link on board: cockpit and cabin – SATCOM/HF/VHF/ATG/Wi+Fi/Cellular
- Move data off the aircraft securely using least-cost routing methods
- Future platform for embedded applications hosting
- Certified for use on all Airbus A320 Family and A330 Family aircraft for both linefit and retrofit
- On Airbus Aircraft, the EICU/SSR is compliant with both a direct link to SATCOM (SBB) or thru the Airbus Cabin Router (called ALNA/Airlines Local Network Area)
Rockwell Collins delivers the expertise you need to understand the complete airline end-to-end connectivity ecosystem and the impact of a vast array of choices on your airline’s bottom line. We can help you:
- Learn how to leverage the advantages of a “managed aviation network” to reduce communications costs
- Take advantage of secure and private air and ground networks built for mission-critical reliability: 99.999 percent network up time assures your data is there when you need it
- Manage multiple diverse aircraft communications links – and add new links as technology evolves
- Maintain cross-fleet commonality with all your aircraft and your existing apps and tools
- Obtain seamless translation of air and ground aviation and IP-based messages for easier back-office integration